- Templates/Spec Sheets
- Part Numbers
RIM TYPE PANIC AND FIRE EXIT DEVICES. Uncompromising security and safety in single and double fire exit doors
- ANSI A156.3, GRADE 2 Heavy Duty exit device in surface vertical rod and rim designs
- Lifetime Warranty
- UL listed for panic and ULC10C, UBC 7-2-1997 Codes
- UL Listed for Fire Exit Hardware. 3 Hours (prefix “F”)
- Conforms and meets ADA regulations
- Chassis mounted unit construction
- Optional Mullion
- Available in standard functions. Lever and knob trims are Grade 2 construction with optional clutch freewheeling mechanism
- Architectural plated finishes available
- For Doors – 1 3/4″ thick standard 3 3/4″ minimum stile width for single or double door application using standard 240 strike and pull or lever trims.
- Chassis – Steel (Panic Grade), steel (Fire Grade)
- Cover – Covers stock hollow metal doors with 161 cutout.
- Mounting – Furnished standard with wood and machine screws. Available with thru bolts on request.Thru bolts are standard packaging on fire rated devices.
- End Cap – Steel construction.
- Hand – Non-handed, center hub.
- Latch Bolt – Stainless steel 3/4″ throw.
- Spring – Steel throughout.
- ANSI Standard – A156.3, Grade 2
- Rail Assembly – Heavy gauge steel, painted.
- Strike – 240 packed standard (See Strike page).
- Dogging Feature – Allen-type key furnished standard on non-fire labeled devices.
- Mullion – Available.
- UL and ULC Listed – 5000 Series for panic. F5000 Series for fire exit hardware for all types of 3′ x 7′ single doors and 6′ x 7′ double doors for up to 3 hour fire labeled installations, conforms to standards UL10C and UBC 7-2-1997 codes.
- Finish – Aluminum (alum), Stainless Steel (US32D)
Suggested Architect’s Specifications
- All exit devices shall be of touch bar design with smooth operation and be operative over ⅔ of the door’s clear opening width
- All exit devices must be listed under “Panic Hardware” in the Accident Equipment List of Underwriters’ Laboratories, Inc. Where labeled doors are used as exits, they must be equipped with labeled Fire Exit
- Hardware and UL10C, UBC 7-2-1997 codes
- All exit devices shall be of chassis mounted unit construction\
Minimum Stile Requirements
- Template – 5000NL, Pull and Rim Cylinder
- Template – 5000V Panic Vertical Rod Exit Device
- Template – 5000V3684 Surface Vertical Rod
- Template – Strike 254 Overlapping Strike (5000)
- Template – 5000 Series Head Assembly