- Cross References
- Templates/Spec Sheets
- Part Numbers
VERTICAL ROD TYPE EXIT DEVICES. For use in institutions, schools, universities,commercial buildings where heavy duty reliable operation is a requirement.
- ANSI A156.3, GRADE 1 heavy duty exit device in surface vertical rod and rim designs.
- Retrofits Von Duprin 99 & 98 Series using 7700 Escutcheon trim
- Rail assemblies are heavy duty extruded aluminum body with stainless steel push pad and end caps are made of brass, bronze or stainless steel. Rail travels in direction of the door swing.
- Trims are thru bolted for additional security.
- Conforms & Meets ADA Regulations.
- UL Listed for Panic and ULC10C, UBC 7-2-1997 codes.
- UL Listed for Fire Exit Hardware. 3 hours.
- (A) label rating on pairs of doors up to 8’0″ x 8’0″ swinging in same or opposite directions.
- Uncompromising security and safety in single and double fire exit doors.
- Chassis mounted unit construction. Rim and vertical rod devices are non-handed and easily reversible.
- Available in many different functions. Lever and escutcheon trims are grade 1 construction with clutch on rose trims. Escutcheon trims are rigid and covers 161 cut out.
- For Doors – 1 ¾” thick standard optional 2 ¼” thick. 3 ¾” minimum stile width required for single door application. 3 ½” minimum stile width required for double door application. Lever, thumb piece and escutcheon trims available. 2 ¾” backset
- Top Chassis – Non-ferrous alloy (Panic Grade), steel (Fire Grade)
- Cover – Non-ferrous plated material. Covers stock hollow metal doors with 161 cut out
- Mounting – Furnished with wood and machine screws. Thru bolts are included and standard packaging on fi re rated devices
- End Cap – Brass, Bronze or Stainless Steel construction
- Alarm – Available. Prefi x NALRM before MODEL #
- Hand – Handed. Easily fi eld reversible. Specify at time of order LHR, RHR for convenience
- Latch Bolt & Spring – Stainless steel
- Spring – Stainless steel throughout
- ANSI Standard – A156.3, Grade 1
- Rail Assembly – Heavy gauge extruded aluminum body with Stainless Steel push pad
- Strike – See strike page
- Dogging Feature – Allen-type key furnished standard on non-fi re labeled devices
- UL and ULC Listed – 7760 Series for panic. F7760 Series for fi re exit hardware for all types of 8’ x 8’ double doors for up to 3 hour fi re labeled installations. Conforms to standards UL10C and UBC 7-2-1997 codes
- Finish – Architectural plated fi nishes
- Electronic Functions – (ELR) Electrical Latch Retraction and RX & LX Signal Switch available
Suggested Architect’s Specifications
- All exit devices shall be of touch bar design with smooth operation and be operative over 2/3 of the door’s clear opening width.
- All exit devices must be listed under “Panic Hardware” in the Accident Equipment List of Underwriters’ Laboratories, Inc. Where labeled doors are used as exits, they must be equipped with labeled Fire Exit Hardware and UL10C, UBC-7-2-1997 codes.
- All springs shall be of stainless steel throughout.
- All exit devices shall be of chassis mounted unit construction.
- All exit devices shall be ANSI A1563.3, Grade 1.
Minimum Stile Requirements
- Template – 7700 Surface Vertical Rod Exit Device
- Template – F7700 Top & Bottom Chassis Assembly, Fire Rated
- Template – F7760V Fire Vertical Rod Exit Device
- Template 7700V Top and Bottom Chassis