- Cross References
- Templates/Spec Sheets
- Part Numbers
VERTICAL ROD TYPE EXIT DEVICES. Uncompromising security and safety in single and double fire exit doors
- ANSI A156.3, GRADE 2 Heavy Duty exit device in surface vertical rod and rim designs
- Lifetime Warranty
- UL listed for panic and ULC10C, UBC 7-2-1997 Codes
- UL Listed for Fire Exit Hardware. 3 Hours
- Conforms and meets ADA regulations
- Chassis mounted unit construction
- Optional Mullion
- Available in standard functions. Lever and knob trims are Grade 2 construction with optional clutch freewheeling mechanism
- Architectural plated finishes available
- For Doors – 1-3/4″ thick standard 3-3/4″ minimum stile width for single door application. 3-1/2″ minimum stile width required for double door application. Lever and knob trims available.
- Chassis – Steel (Panic Grade), steel (Fire Grade)
- Cover – Non-ferrous plated material. Covers stock hollow metal doors with 161 cutout.
- Mounting – Furnished standard with wood and machine screws. Thru bolts are standard packaging for fire rated devices.
- End Cap – Steel construction.
- Hand – Non-handed.
- Latch Bolt, Spring – Stainless steel.
- ANSI Standard – A156.3, Grade 2.
- Rail Assembly – Heavy gauge steel, painted.
- Strike – See Strike page.
- Dogging Feature – 5mm Allen-type key furnished standard on non-fire labeled devices.
- UL and ULC Listed – 5000V Series for panic. F5000V Series for fire exit hardware for all types of 6′ x 7′ double doors for up to 3 hour fire labeled installations, conforms to standards UL10C and UBC 7-2-1997 codes.
- Finish – Aluminum (alum), US32D (Stainless Steel).
- Door Size – 5000V3684 and F5000V3684 for 36″ X 84″ doors
Suggested Architect’s Specifications
- All exit devices shall be of touch bar design with smooth operation and be operative over ⅔ of the door’s clear opening width
- All exit devices must be listed under “Panic Hardware” in the Accident Equipment List of Underwriters’ Laboratories, Inc. Where labeled doors are used as exits, they must be equipped with labeled Fire Exit
- Hardware and UL10C, UBC 7-2-1997 codes
- All exit devices shall be of chassis mounted unit construction
Minimum Stile Requirements
- Template – 5000NL, Pull and Rim Cylinder
- Template – 5000V Panic Vertical Rod Exit Device
- Template – 5000V3684 Surface Vertical Rod
- Template – Strike 254 Overlapping Strike (5000)
- Template – 5000 Series Head Assembly